Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit (Pitaya)
Pitaya fruit, known as dragon fruit, is a tropical fruit rich in nutritional values. So what are the health benefits of Pitaya or dragon fruit? Let's see together.
Pitaya is the fruit of various cactus species belonging to the genus Hylocereus in scientific terms. The most important and common ones belong to the genus Hylocereus. The homeland of Pitaya is Mexico, Central America and South America. It is also produced in many countries in the Asian continent.
Pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, is a fruit rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates.
Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit
Pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, is a fruit rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. It contains polyunsaturated fatty acids such as omega 3 and omega 6, and vitamins C and B.
- It strengthens the immune system with its abundant vitamin C content.
- It also supports bone development with its high calcium content.
- It shows strong antioxidant properties with the effect of vitamin C.
- It is also an important supporter of Type 2 diabetes with its soluble fiber, potassium and low sugar content.
- It also helps to lose weight thanks to its fibrous structure as if it has almost no calories.
- Pitaya, which does not neglect to support eye health thanks to the potassium it contains, is especially beneficial for those suffering from dry eyes.
- Dragon fruit, which has the feature of lowering blood pressure, prevents the risk of high blood pressure.
- This fruit, which contains lycopene, also reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.