What is Good for High Fever? Natural Treatment for Fever Relief
Normal human body temperature is between 36 and 36.5 degrees. However, in some cases, this degree rises. The high fever problem, which is generally observed in young children, can also be seen in adults from time to time. So what is high fever?
High fever is a condition where the body temperature is 38 degrees or higher. One of the most obvious causes of high fever is the effects of our immune system against microbes that settle in the body. However, there is a dangerous situation in infants and children, as high fever of 40 degrees Celsius brings the risk of convulsions. In such cases, we should go to the nearest health institution without wasting time.
What is Good for High Fever?
In case of high fever, a condition called febrile convulsion actually occurs. This type of condition is most common in children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years. In cases of febrile seizure, body temperature rises up to 39 and 40 degrees. In such a case, bruising and loss of consciousness may occur in children. In this case, without panicking, hold your child safely and consciously, on his back with his head facing to the side. Let him breathe clean and well and take him to the nearest hospital.
How to Lower High Fever?
There are many methods to reduce high fever. These methods are applied differently in infants, children and adults.
How to Reduce High Fever in Babies and Children?
- In case of high fever, let's take off the excess clothes on the baby. Let's measure the temperature of the room and reduce it to 20 degrees.
- Let's continue breastfeeding if she is breastfeeding, if not, give her favorite liquid drinks. Because there will be fluid loss with high fever.
- If you have an antipyretic drug on hand, let's give it in the appropriate dose by looking at the information in the doctor's or user's manual.
- Let's prepare a warm water and give the baby a shower.
- Do not try to reduce the fever by placing a wet cloth on children's foreheads.
How to Lower High Fever in Adults?
- Taking a shower with slightly warm water
- Taking antipyretic medicine
- Drinking lots of water
- Keep your nose open to breathe
- Apply a compress to the underarm area with a cold washcloth.
- Lowering the room temperature
- Get fresh air
- Wearing comfortable clothes and removing excess clothing
- Get lots of rest
- Do not smoke
- Do not drink coffee and alcohol
Which Foods Cause Fever?
- Green tea
- Purple and dark red foods
- green foods
- Turmeric and Ginger
- Raspberry, Strawberry, Tangerine
- Artichoke, Walnut, Chili powder
- Cranberry, Thyme, Beetroot
- Cherries, Cabbage, Applesauce