What is Autumn Depression? Autumn Depression Symptoms and Ways to Cope...
We are in a depressed mood as the temperatures drop a little more each day and sunny days are replaced by cloudy days. So how can we take action against autumn depression? Ways to get rid of depressive mood...
With the autumn, the cold weather, the shortening of the days, and the fact that people will enter indoor areas from open areas can cause unhappiness. One of the reasons for this is that decreased sunlight affects hormones and causes the biological clock that regulates sleep to be disrupted. Another reason is that there are problems in the secretion of chemical substances in the brain due to the decrease in sunlight and these problems lead the person to depression.
The hormone melatonin, which adjusts the body's biological clock and rhythm, is secreted more when the sun's rays decrease, the nights are long and the days are short. As the daylight decreases, the melatonin hormone, which begins to be produced in high amounts in the brain, causes low energy, fatigue and reluctance in the human body. On the other hand, serotonin (happiness) hormone, one of the chemicals in the brain, decreases in autumn due to the decrease in sunlight, which can cause depression.
What Are the Symptoms of Autumn Depression?
Symptoms of autumn depression; There are symptoms such as extreme fatigue, weakness, lack of attention, focus problem, feeling of guilt, anxiety disorder, excessive weight gain and loss, irritable mood, constantly feeling sad and sleep disorders.
Precautions to be Taken Against Autumn Depression
- Make use of sunlight as much as possible.
- Take time for yourself; Participate in events such as movies and theatre.
- Reduce your stress by exercising.
- Don't sleep a lot.
- Wake up early in the morning.
- Get different perspectives by moving away from classical thought patterns.
- Do not eat carbohydrates and sugary foods.
- Get new hobbies.
- Spend more time with your friends.
- Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
- Spend time with the people you love.
- Reward yourself by taking short breaks while you work.