Health Benefits of Pistachios, All About Mineral and Vitamin Rich Pistachios
Pistachio, which is very rich in minerals and vitamins, is used in many sweet and snack foods due to the high energy it contains. So what are the health benefits of pistachios? Let's see together
Pistachio, when consumed in adequate amounts, prevents the emergence of many health problems, provides weight control because it creates a feeling of satiety, and provides all the vitamins, minerals and proteins the body needs.
Pistachio, which has a low fat and energy content compared to other nuts, stands out with its antioxidant properties.
Nutritional Values of Pistachios
pistachios; It has high nutritional value due to its protein, fat and fatty acids and antioxidant content. The nutritional value of pistachios has lower fat and energy content than nuts such as hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds. It is easier to digest than others due to its high fiber content. It ranks first among the nuts in terms of vitamins B1, B6, E and A, as well as iron, potassium, beta-carotene, total phytosterol and lutein values.
Health Benefits of Pistachios
Researches on pistachio consumption come to the fore as a food that helps prevent diseases. It has been determined that a small amount of consumption contributes to a balanced diet and prevents the emergence of many problems. It is recommended to consume 100 grams per day for the vitamins, minerals and protein the body needs.
- It helps to increase blood flow by maintaining the flexibility of the veins.
- It is recommended for diabetics to consume as it improves carbohydrate tolerance and balances postprandial blood sugar due to its antioxidant flavonoids, unsaturated fatty acids and fiber content.
- It has been found to reduce the glucose level in the body when consumed by adding to carbohydrate sources such as rice and pasta.
- Pistachios are one of the factors that reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Pistachio is a food with a low glycemic index, providing a feeling of fullness for a long time and affecting the decrease of blood sugar concentration after meals.
- It has been determined that the consumption of pistachio, which is rich in omega fatty acids, contributes to the decrease of cholesterol level due to the increase in HDL in blood plasma. Unsaturated fatty acids lower bad cholesterol (LDL).
- low sodium content; It contributes to the regulation of blood pressure due to its high mineral content such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Studies have shown that people who consume pistachios too often are underweight.
- It has been determined that pistachio, which has an aphrodisiac effect, greatly affects sexuality in men.
- Due to the copper in its content, it can be good for anemia as it allows the iron to be easily absorbed in the body. Vitamin B6 can also help transport oxygen in the blood.
- Vitamin B6 is necessary for the regular functioning of the nervous system.
- It contributes to the strengthening of the immune system and helps to reduce the risk of catching diseases.
- Thanks to the antioxidant properties of the high vitamin E in its content, it plays a role in slowing the course of Alzheimer's disease and contributes to cell regeneration.
- It should be added to the nutrition program of children for a healthy physical development.
- Vitamin A in pistachios plays a role in bone development, growth and protection from cancer.