Health Benefits of Calcium, Which Foods Contain Calcium?

Health Benefits of Calcium, Which Foods Contain Calcium?

Calcium is necessary for bone and tooth development. When enough calcium is taken into the body, bone and tooth development takes place in the best way. So which foods contain calcium? What are the benefits of calcium? Let's see together...

Even in mild calcium deficiency throughout life, bone density may be affected, bone loss may occur, the risk of osteoporosis may increase, and diseases with easy bone fracture may occur. In addition, insufficient calcium intake affects growth in children. In case of extreme disability, children cannot reach the maximum height they can reach in adulthood. So, which foods contain calcium, which is extremely important for bone and dental health?

In Which Foods Is Calcium Found?

Milk and milk products

Milk and dairy products are the most important sources of calcium. Milk, yogurt and cheese are the foods that contain the most calcium. A glass of milk meets 1/4 of our daily requirement.

Green vegetables

Other foods rich in calcium include; green vegetables (spinach, broccoli, lettuce), shellfish, sardines, soybeans, hazelnuts, almonds, molasses.

What Are the Benefits of Calcium?

Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. About 99% of the calcium in the body is found in the bones and teeth, while the remaining 1% is found in the blood and soft tissues. Calcium taken with food; important in maintaining health.

Benefits of Calcium;

  • It enters the structure of your bones and ensures their lengthening and strengthening. Calcium is the best bone repairer.
  • It slows the loss of your bones with age and keeps them strong.
  • It contracts your heart muscles and makes your heart beat.
  • It ensures the continuity of your normal nerve functions.
  • It helps your blood to clot in case of bleeding.

Post a comment