'Brain-eating amoeba' panic in the USA!
A person in the US state of Florida has died from a 'brain-eating amoeba'. While the identity of the person who lost his life was not disclosed, the news of his death caused panic in the environment.
After the incident in Charlotta, Florida, USA, health officials said the person probably contracted amoebae while cleaning their sinuses with tap water.
According to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a person infected with the amoeba Naegleria fowleri is extremely unlikely to survive.
It was announced that the person who died yesterday was taken to the hospital on February 23. The news of his death caused fear among the people of the region.
Investigating How Amoeba Gets into Water
Jae Williams, one of the state's health officials, announced that it is investigating how the amoeba got into the water.
This amoeba species is commonly found in warm freshwater springs, swimming pools and lakes.
While this single-celled creature causes death when it enters the human body through the nose, stomach acids destroy amoebae when taken orally.