Balances Blood Sugar, Lowers Cholesterol, Loses Weight! Miraculous Seed: Okra Seed
As a result of the researches of scientists, it turned out that okra seed is very beneficial for human health. Thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains, it balances blood sugar, lowers cholesterol and helps you lose weight.
One of the most effective solutions to the digestive system disorder, which is one of the most common health problems, is to consume foods high in fiber. One of the foods with the highest fiber content is okra seed. Thanks to its fibrous structure, okra seeds not only regulate the digestive system, but also reduce cholesterol by regulating blood sugar, prevent cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance.
What is Okra Seed?
Okra seeds are small seeds that appear when the grains of the okra plant are opened. Okra is a plant belonging to the mallow family. Growing in warm climates, this annual herb can withstand drought but is adversely affected by frost.
Okra seeds can be consumed fresh or dried, or they can be consumed separately.
Okra seed, which is frequently used for medicinal purposes in Asia, is beneficial in many ways, especially magnesium, iron, vitamins A and C, and stands out with its availability in all four seasons.
What are the Benefits of Okra Seed?
Important benefits of okra seed explained by experts;
- It helps maintain muscle and bone health.
- It is good for anemia problem.
- It protects against infections caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi and many other microorganisms.
- It improves the health of cells and prevents them from becoming cancerous. It inhibits tumor formation and slows the growth and spread of existing tumors.
- It helps to protect the body against many types of cancer, especially colon cancer.
- It contains elements that help strengthen the body's defense system. These components strengthen the immune system.
- It regulates the digestive system.
- It prevents cardiovascular diseases by lowering cholesterol, and prevents type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance by providing blood sugar regulation.
- It helps to stay full.
- It helps the nervous system to work in a healthy way.
- It helps prevent edema and bloating.
- It can protect your muscle and bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis and similar bone diseases.
How to Consume Okra Seed?
- After grinding the okra seeds into powder with a device such as a coffee grinder, you can brew it by adding hot water with the help of a french press.
- You can throw 9-10 okra seeds into a glass of room temperature water overnight; You can drink this water when you wake up in the morning and create a routine in this way.
- You can just add seeds or small okra slices to your soups.
- You can add okra seeds to any of your meat or vegetable stews.
- You can also consume okra seeds by mixing them with some yogurt.